Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's Inevitable

When you're starting to see how your kid does without naps, this is definitely inevitable at times. Today, Mary went to the broadcasted dedication of the Twin Falls Temple (click here to see our recent visit). After the kids cleaned-up the mess they had made, I put on the movie Legacy and they sat down to watch it while I was in the other room. About ten minutes later, Sarah came in the room excitedly and announced that Nathan had just fallen asleep on the couch. So I went out and snapped some cute pics. The kid slept for a good 1.5 hours before I woke him up (with much effort), and it was a late nap, so it turned mostly into crankiness.

Then this evening, after we got the kids down to bed, Mary ran to a friends house to return a borrowed book and got caught up in some good conversation. While she was gone, I was watering the plants in the front yard. I decided to lay Jane down on the grass. She tracked me while I watered and then I decided to read outside on our front porch for a bit. I had to distract Jane a little as she got somewhat upset, but then she fell asleep. The only reason I woke her up was because it was dark and I was worried about her getting bug-bites. She slept for a good 30 minutes out there. I had the touch today!

4 comments:

Leah Remillet said...

Isn't that amazing! Paysen loces to lay on the floor and just watch us all. The only problem is that he's not where I left him... He will be on the other side of the room when I come back.

Laura said...

Jeff, so good to hear from you! Isn't it amazing how the internet can keep people connected?! It sounds like your family is doing well... what cute kids! Please tell Mary "hi" for me.

The Merwin Family said...

Nice touch dad!

Desiree said...

Hi Mary it's been a long time! I didn't even know you had a third child. Check out our blog at www.lothyanfam.blogspot.com It's great to see your family on here!