... this really is not that big of a deal at all. But it felt like it was, for some reason. Okay, well, it didn't really feel like a big deal, but it occupied my thoughts for a part of the day as I was anxious about the outcome while Mary was gone. While on our way to UT for Mary's bro's wedding and to visit friends and stuff about 6 weeks ago, I realized that we would pass 100,000 miles on our car while on the trip. I really wanted to actually notice this as it happened, it was something I calculated and payed some attention to while we were out and about. Anyway, Friday after the wedding came around and I realized that it would likely happen on our way back home the next day. But then I realized that Mary and her sister were going to go our for some girl time before Jenny had to go to the airport, when I realized this, I realized that it would be a close call if Mary made it back to the house before passing 100,000 miles on the car. While she was gone, this "concern" actually occupied some of my mental space. I periodically would look out the window to see if she was home and inwardly hoped that she wouldn't take any detours. When she got home, I went outside and checked the odometer. Here's the pic:
Now, seriously, could I have gotten any closer to actually seeing the odometer read 100,000! The last zero and the .9 are both tauntingly disappearing out of the picture in what can only be described as a staunch effort to mock me and my effort to make the car that has thanklessly served me for the past 4+ years do so again. I am suspicious that Mary did an extra turn around the block just before pulling in the driveway, but I can't confirm that. Anyway, I actually think the picture and the angst the situation caused me make for a much better story then if I had been driving through Bountiful and said, "Oh look, 100,000 miles exactly... cool; Mary take a picture... [digital sounding 'click']"
4 comments:
This is so you! Love it!
This seems like the type of thing Tim would obsess about too!
I love the things you notice!
Are you ever going to blog again??? You never go this long between blogs. Is everything okay?
Post a Comment