Monday, July 6, 2009

The Date Passed with Little Recognition Besides My Own


My oldest daughter, Sarah, is now closer to her own High School graduation then I am to mine. This significant calendar event passed quietly several weeks ago, without fanfare but with an awareness that I mostly kept to myself. Sarah, who will be going into 1st grade in the Fall, will likely graduate in just under 12 years. Me, on the other hand, graduated just over 12 years ago. Kind of crazy! And, sorry if I ruined anyone's day/week/month.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Whoa, that is crazy. I don't know if I would have even thought of that. But you are right, that is a day to remember.

Annette said...

Hi Hamm Family! I googled your names to find your blog and there you were! It was fun to see your kiddos getting so big! So, I am going to be driving home from Utah in August and wondered if you might be willing to let us sleep on your floor or on your grass for a night? It would be really fun to see you and give us a break midway. Send me an email and let me know what you think! olsenmomm@gmail.com