Sunday, November 4, 2007

Pickin' up and goin' away



So, because we have only had this blog for a couple of weeks, I thought I would document a little about our move to Mtn. Home from the Seattle area. We packed up our stuff on Saturday and then enjoyed Father's Day with family and then left first thing Monday morning on June 18th. I left a few hours ahead of Mary and the kids in the big truck and trailer (pictured above out in front of the Farmer's house in Fruitland). We actually made great time in traveling to Fruitland and arrived there mid-afternoon on Monday. We never actually caravaned together but we were in regular phone contact. Fortunately for Mary we purchased a two-screen portable DVD player so the kids were much more content then they otherwise would have been. Nathan got pretty upset toward the end of the trip, but things generally went okay. I really enjoyed just listening to music and driving a really big truck. I think that in my next life I'll be a trucker with a big beard. We enjoyed playing at the Farmer's house in Fruitland that afternoon/evening and they were so hospitable. They have 10 kids (8 girls) so Sarah and Nathan were in toy heaven, let alone having other older kids wanting to dote on them. The next morning we got up and let the kids play a bit and then traveled the two hours or so to Mtn Home. We were still awaiting closure on our house so we were able to rent a brand new townhouse for one month until our house was available. The picture above was our first meal in Mtn Home (pizza of course), notice the coffee table for our dining table! We soon upgraded tables to a card table, which we used until we finally purchased a dining table off of Craigslist in September. We enjoyed getting settled in Mtn Home and adjusting to the stifling heat and were happy to have A/C for a month at least.

No comments: