Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Fun!

We spent most of the 4th doing yard work, which I am beginning to enjoy more. Hopefully the work that we are doing will pay off and reduce the amount that we'll have to do in later years (thanks to weed barriers!). We stopped in the middle of our day and went out for a late lunch. Before we left we got a picture of me and Nathan matching (where's my cool sunglasses?):

There was actually a better picture of me and Nathan than this one, but this is pretty good, and I just love the total Stevie Wonder smile and head-tilt that Nathan has going on. I love his "cheese"!
While we were killing time during a long day after dinner and awaiting the time to go to the fireworks display locally, Sarah and Nathan watched a movie. It was really cute because I came out and they were laying on the couch like this, totally cuddling with each other while they watched the movie together, even though Nathan had to lift his head up at times. Good pals!
For the firework show we went to the local golf course and watched the display. They always start so much later than you would like, but the kids had fun eating popcorn and drinking rootbeer. They loved the firework display, but were certainly tired toward the end. I think it's a pretty good show and it's nice not to have to have a huge traffic jam to get home! The kiddos both got to bed close to 11, but slept in 'til 8 and took good afternoon naps while we continued the yardwork stuff. It was a fun 4th, and it's great to live in such a patriotic town. We are truly blessed to live in this nation and enjoy so many freedoms. I appreciate so much more those men and women who honorably serve our country and preserve those liberties!

2 comments:

The Merwin Family said...

We drove through Mountain Home yesterday and we said hi to you guys from the car. Did you hear us? It was at about 4:45pm! Happy late 4th of July!

Rebecca Pierce said...

Sounds fun!