Tuesday, July 8, 2008

GROSS!

So while I was helping Sarah tonight for her bedtime routine, she informed me that the soap dispenser in the bathroom was out of soap. So I got her a little soap squeezed out of the dispenser and proceeded to fill it up with soap. Just as I finished that Sarah needed help getting toothpaste on her toothbrush, which I proceeded to also do. I then noticed I got some on my finger and licked it off. At about the same moment my touch touched the substance on my finger I realized in my head that it was soap not kids toothepaste (which is pretty yummy). My tastebuds registered the distaste shortly thereafter and Sarah was real curious why I was spitting in the sink. She was even more curious after my explanation, stating "Daddy, why did you eat the soap, that's icky?" Thanks for the support kiddo!

I think I had forgotten (repressed, maybe?) that I may have had my mouth washed out with soap at one point in my childhood. I'll have to consult my mom or dad to confirm that though. Anyway, it was gross, but fortunately it wasn't very much (this time I mean), so the tast left quickly.

4 comments:

Rebecca Pierce said...

I totally remember witnessing the wash your mouth out technique. Hey...punishment fits the crime right?! If only you could wash filthy words out with soap!

Rebecca Pierce said...

P.S. Once, Chris was sick, and I'd been giving him Umcka drops. He seemed to think they were helping, so he went to administer them to himself. He took a whole dropper full into his mouth only to realize that he'd grabbed the GARLIE EAR OIL!!!! NASTY!

Leah Remillet said...

i definitely remember having my mouth washed out with soap! but back than we had bars, now everything is dispensers... same affect or worse?

AlwaysMee said...

My older sister washed my mouth out with soap once, although I don't recall why.