We're so happy to have you in our growing family Jane. You have brought us a lot of joy and it is so fun to watch you grow and learn and follow your siblings around. We love you!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Jane's 1st Birthday
Jane turned one at the end of April and we celebrated it with my parents and my brother and his wife and Jane's cousin who were in route to Seattle from Utah. It seems like I've hardly updated anyone on how Jane is doing. She's very small for her age... 5th percentile in weight I think. So to see her full on walking around and jabbering a bit and starting to say "Hi" to people doesn't seem to fit her stature. But she's absolutely adorable. Her brother and sister love her and get so excited when she wakes up from a nap or in the morning (YES, she's finally sleeping through the night and longer in the morning then her siblings), it's especially cute to see little Nathan say "JANE" and run and give her a hug and kiss.

Jane got a cute outfit from Mary's parents and she looks really cute in it. She's actually wearing it tonight and I think it's one of my favorite outfits on her.
Jane got this cute "My first Doll" from my folks and she really loves hugging it and has sometimes given it a "kiss".
The 1st Birthday Cake is always my favorite part, and frankly I have higher expectations then I should for this event. Most kids approach it timidly, which was Jane's experience. But once we got her an adult fork (she's always preferred adult spoons to kid spoons when being fed) she dove in a little more heartily.

But once her foot made contact with the cake, she was much less interested and it was pretty funny to see how she would suspend her foot in the air and announce her displeasure with the whole cake experience. Then it was on to bath time with her cousin, which she thoroughly enjoyed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a little cutie. I can't believe she is 1 already. WoW how time flies.
She is such a cute girl and I love her beautiful blue eyes! You can definitely see she's one of those adorable Hamm kids. I would love to get Jane and Ezra together. She's 5% and he's 95% and they're a bit more than 6 months apart. It would be fun to see how they look. Miss you guys!
We are so glad we got to be there to celebrate with you guys! Thanks for the generous hosting! Cant wait to see you guys on the warm beaches in McCall for Masons first birthday celebration.
That cakes is so cute! Looks like a great time. I love first bday cakes too! What a big girl!!!
Post a Comment