Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Do you have more than one blogging disorder too?
In my early blogging days, I posted about binge blogging, which you can read here. While this is still true of me, I have also discovered that I love (gross understatement) to receive comments. The problem is that this combination of binge-blogger-comment-hound usually doesn't work very well when placed together. If I do a binge-blog, most people get tired and don't read all my posts and other's just leave a long comment on one of my posts, which is fine because I like quality comments, but I also love quantity comments. Mary often laughs at me because I check my blog regularly to surf for any new comments on my posts. I don't subscribe to updates on my comments (which I probably should to save myself some time and a mild amount of comment searching anxiety). Anyway, this combo has often disappointed me (stupid/silly, I know). But fortunately for me (and probably many others) Blogger has come up with a great way to circumvent this problem, a feature they just recently streamlined and advertised. You can now schedule your posts in the future (click here for an explanation of how to do this). So if I do a binge blog I can schedule consecutive posts to come at different times in the future. So, I just finished a post and scheduled it to post tomorrow afternoon and have another one scheduled to post shortly after that one. So I think this will help me garner comments on multiple posts while also being able to binge-blog. Nice work Blogger! Oh and BTW, these are not my only two blogging disorders. Oh yeah, and this is a "real time" post... not a scheduled one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Here's a comment for ya...because I care :o)
Hilarious...since my latest post about Jocelyn, I've been checking for comments every time I sit at a computer. I didn't know about scheduled posts, though. That'll come in handy for the times when I actually put my memory card in the computer and get my photos ready for the blog. No one really wants to read 10 posts all at once.
If only they had "scheduled comments..." Then I could make 10 comments today and you'd get them trickled over weeks (or months!).
Im a blog comment hound too! I love to see read what people think about my posts, and its nice to know they read it! I always know I can count on you to comment ( and I always get a laugh)! As for binge blogging, I just dont have enough going on!
I love that you are begging for comments. I usually notice that you comment individually on all my posts, so I try to return the favor (I too, dig comments...but you have to subscribe to yours, you never know if someone will comment on something you wrote in January...and you'd never know, that happened to me recently!)
Post a Comment