Sunday, March 30, 2008

Boy Cheese?


So Nathan has a very limited, albeit odd, selection of food that he eats. His range is quite wide, but his in-between choices are fairly limited. The kid loves pizza, broccoli (usually) and he would eat our green shake thingy three meals a day if we made it that often. Like today we were trying to force him to eat Mac N' Cheese cuz that is Sarah's traditional post-church lunch and it would just be easier if Nathan ate it to. NO WAY! Wouldn't even try a bite. But then for dinner tonight he sees that we're cooking broccoli and can hardly wait to have some. Weirdo!


Anyway, Mary was telling me that on Friday she wanted him to try a grilled cheese sandwich, which Sarah loves, because that's what Mary was going to make for Sarah and she wants to get Nathan eating more things prior to Jane's arrival. So she's making Nathan's grilled cheese and serves it up and he likes it alright. While they're both eating Sarah says "mom, I'm having a girl cheese and Nathan's having a boy cheese". Mary had to explain that it's called a "grilled cheese", not a "girl cheese". She seemed to accept the distinction, even if it didn't make any sense to her. Pretty funny! He now has added grilled cheese sandwiches to his repertoire now... with more to come hopefully.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Sarah idea of girl cheese and boy cheese. And why not? It makes perfectly good little person sense to me! Isn't it so great to get a glimpse into their little minds?!
I also liked reading your weak week running entry. Don't be discouraged, so maybe you won't be going down in the Guinness book of world records for constant running, but than again I know your not running on Sundays so you never had a chance to begin with. Just start up again when your ready for a new challenge and this time make the challenge breaking your last record.
We will be going in Thursday to have this little boy, if not sooner... So we will update the site and send out info as soon as we can. OH! And I need your address ASAP!

kaitlin said...

i found some blogs that you didn't have. and i feel really good about that since you are pretty on top of your blogging. :)
alicia and annalise farmer both have blogs (their links are on my page)...look are our family with all of our blogs! we are so cool.

Alicia said...

Hey Jeff! That Griled cheese thing is pretty funny. I actually already knew about your blog. Amanda told me about theirs and I found everyones that way. Now I just need to figure out how to put the links in my blog...

Annalise said...

Hello! I just knew there had to be family blogs out there. Thanks so much for clueing me in!