Monday, March 3, 2008

Sarah & Schroeder


So I always liked the Schroeder fella from Peanuts even though he never really liked Lucy. And of course everyone loves when Snoopy comes and dances on top of his piano when he gets going. Sarah and Nathan have made the Disney movie Tarzan their movie of choice over the last week or so, which is cool because our whole family loves the soundtrack. At the end of the credits on the VHS version that we own it has the music video for one of the songs that Phil Collins does and as soon as that starts to come on Sarah runs into the Playroom and comes running out with her little piano to play away with the music. She's got the beat down pat, even though she's severely limited on matching the notes on her four-key piano. She really gets into it and goes throughout the song. I didn't capture Nathan dancing on top of Sarah's piano but that's not because he didn't want to. I think that we need a better piano option for Sarah if anyone (Nanu & Bumpa?) has one laying around ;*)


Here's Sarah really going to town on the "ivories".

3 comments:

Rebecca Pierce said...

Nice "hint, hint" on the piano bit. She's a doll!

Leah Remillet said...

You have a musician in the making, she looks so adorable!

I love you very sneaky hint for the piano. I tried dropping hints... OK I actually blatantly called and mentioned it to several grandparents about this piano and guitar combo at Costco a few months back and nobody bit. But than I called Grammy Marla the other day to tell her I tried to buy the girls a movie they really wanted at Costco and that Tay vetoed me. Taylor laughed that he felt I was tattling on him, but sure enough, you can count on Grammy... The movie is in the mail now. I just love Grandparents.

The moral of this little story, how do you give your kids what they want as young starting out families? You put grammy and papa on speed-dial!!

Amy said...

Thanks for the suggestions, we'll keep them in mind. We gave Catan a shot, but it was just practice so we'd know how to play it before playing with our friends. Wasn't my favorite, but we'll see how it goes!