Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Morning Wave

So each morning as I leave for work I get to give Sarah and Nathan a hug and a kiss and then they both run to the front window, pull up the blinds and get on the little coffee/console table that we have next to the window. They are both so excited to watch me drive away. I have to flip a U-turn and so we always wave to each other as I drive away. These pics obviously don't do justice to it because it is way cuter from the front to see their two little faces up at the window just waving at me as I drive off... I also get the occasional kiss blown my way. The kids love this routine and I certainly enjoy it as well as it puts a smile on my face and reminds me how loved I am as I head toward work. Such fun!


This routine also applies just about any time either of us leaves for something, but is not as much a consistent routine as the morning wave on my way to work.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I remember that wave from when we drove through!! It was such a special moment!

Rebecca Pierce said...

I can imagine the conversation that preceeded these pictures..."Mary, will you take a picture of them waving to me so I can blog about it later?"

Love the pics, what a heartwarming tradition. Makes me want to come and leave!