
Okay, now don't get the wrong idea or anything about the title of this post. I read an article on ESPN.com recently (coincidentally I could start a lot of conversations this way) about streak running, which is people that run every single day.... for years... decades even. The guy pictured above and at right has been running every day since Jan 1st, 1975. His names Robert Kraft, but you can just call him the "Raven". You can look at the active list of Streak Runners through the United States Running Streak Association, Inc. The guy at the top of the list has run every day for like 39.5 years (over 14,000 day)! Raven isn't even in the top 10! That's just crazy!
Anyway, I started my own streak recently, though I don't think I'll qualify for any list of any sort. I now have a streak of running two consecutive weeks (I ran last Saturday and this morning). One might call this a "Weak Week Running Streak". Sure, 14,000 days is a lot, but if we're counting just the weeks, that's only 2,000 weeks, so I'm like 1/1000th of the way there! Plus if I say that the only people that can be a part of this club had to start their streak after me, then I'll be unstoppable... if I keep this up... which is highly unlikely! We'll see if I can even make it to 5 weeks! Now I just need a cool nickname, short shorts, lame glasses, no young kids, and a long flowy mane. Mary will probably like this post as much as she liked the Evel Kneivel one! Oh, and it's true that I may have written this post solely for the purpose of getting a comment from my bro Jordan.
3 comments:
THat is odd/random. Do they have to run like a certain distance, or does a jog to the mailbox count?
haha i like when you post random things like this.
it makes me laugh.
I know this is supposed to be a funny post but good work on the two weeks thing. Just keep it up and it will become a habit.
Post a Comment