Friday, February 15, 2008

V-Day from Mary


Neither Mary or I are really that in to Valentines Day for each other, which means one of us often surprises the other. This year Mary surprised me, even though we had talked about not doing anything for each other. It was simple, inexpensive, and creative (all Mary hallmarks). By the time I decided to take a picture of this the orange slices had already been eaten so there are only strawberries in the picture. It was a nice little gift to come home to.
I'm really blessed to have such an amazing and loving wife who does SO much for me. Thanks Honey!

2 comments:

Rebecca Pierce said...

So you celebrate your montly anniversaries but you pass on V-day?!! Just teasin'. Cute thought on Mary's part.

Jeff Hamm said...

I suppose that it does seem kinda weird that we don't really get into V-Day but enjoy the month anniversaries. We don't like the expectation around V-Day and it's hard to seem sincere when there are so many expectations. We enjoy the month anniversaries because it's not something that's typically anticipated and is often a surprise to at least one of us when it is remembered.