-Amazing Messages
-Participating in Church Services from home... in my jammies, at least on Saturday.
-No, or at least less yard work
-Family Traditions
We try to make this an event for our little family by doing the following traditions:
POPCORN! We all love it and it is an easy snack (just a little greasy) and keeps the kids sitting with us together watching the conference session. It's a nice tradition and Sarah started reminding us about it as soon as the first session started on Saturday morning. It's nice to have the kids excited about something related to this special event.
We do like to dress up a little on Sundays, even if we're not going to go to church.
The second thing we do is Pizza for dinner on Saturday. We usually get pizza from the store but this year we decided to make our own and the kids enjoyed it. They turned out really good and the kids enjoyed them!
This is a cute story below. While Elder Jeffrey R. Holland was speaking the kids were playing on the floor and having a fun time. During his message he told a really touching story about a boy who crossed a dangerous river on his horse to retrieve his family's cows. Anyway, the boy realized he did something he shouldn't have done in crossing the river and said a prayer. Shortly thereafter his Dad came to him and helped him and likely saved his life. Anyway, as Elder Holland was telling the story, Sarah was playing with some animals on the little shelf that supports our computer monitor. I was watching her play and then started paying attention to what she was playing with. Yep, as the pic below shows, she was playing with a horse, a little farmer and a cow. She then recounted the story to us when we inquired about what she was doing with those figures. Kids are always learning, even (and probably especially) when they're playing!
6 comments:
I really loved this last conference. Not that I don't enjoy it every time, but this time it really left me with such a feeling of comfort! That is really sweet about Sarah. Too cute!
Conference definately was amazing. That's so adorable what Sarah did. I remember as a kid I always loved listening to their stories in Conference.
I totally agree with you - so many powerful talks! My favorites were both of President Eyring's talks, Elder Bednar, President Packer, and President Uchtdorf in the Priesthood Session. So many things to learn and apply!
I agree that conference was really great. There were so many good talks. I think I got something personally out of every one.
Hello Hamm Family! Your kids are so grown up and so adorable.
Thanks for the great message. I need to follow your lead and blog about what brings me the most happiness - the Gospel!
You guys are amazing! I wish you lived closer! Hope all is well!
That Sarah! She is a great one! What a great experience for everyone! You guys do such a great job creating and maintaing fun traditions!
Post a Comment