Saturday, October 4, 2008

Visit from the Stimmel's

So, as I mentioned previously, the Stimmel's dropped by for a brief visit on their way back to Portland from SLC. Taylor has been my best friend since early in my childhood and his family now lives right in front of my parents and they share a driveway. It was a quickly planned visit, but it was so much fun! They got here around 8 pm on Tues and left the next morning aroun 11 am. We let Nathan and Sarah stay up later and play with them and then we didn't send Sarah to school the next day and I went into work late. The kids had so much fun together and you wouldn't know that they've hardly ever played with each other. Taylor and Leah just moved back to the mainland after Taylor finished his Bachelor's at BYU-Hawaii. He started Chiropractic school the day after they got back to Portland. Anyway, we got our kids down around 10 and then we stayed up until 2 AM. I haven't stayed up that long in a while and the time just flew and Mary and I loved all of our great conversations and the personal meaning they held for each of us. It was a therapeutic conversation for me. I wish they could've stayed here longer, but we certainly made the most out of the time we had with them! We hope to find more reasons to be able to meet up with them in the future... but at least Leah blogs a lot!

Here is a pic of the Stimmel's. Such a cute little family and their kids are adorable!
Jane and Paysen really enjoyed looking and making noises at each other. They're only a few weeks apart. Paysen has an adorable little laugh!
Growing up, I would almost always sleep over at Taylor's house and Taylor's wonderful Mom would almost always make us French Toast in the morning for breakfast. It was heaven. When we were able to make it work for them to visit us and when I found out they'd be here for breakfast, I had to make French Toast for Taylor and his family. I really enjoyed that!

Here is a picture of Adi, Sarah and Nathan. Adi loved wearing Sarah's robe and they had a lot of fun together. Sarah, and the rest of us, were very sad to see them go! I know that they took more pics so look for them (soon?) on Leah's blog.

2 comments:

Rebecca Pierce said...

There is something rare about a friendship between two boys that endures 25 years...and counting. Those kids are totally STIMMELS! It's crazy! What a find Taylor made in LEAH, love her!

Leah Remillet said...

Your sis is so sweet! We had such a great time!! And I REALLY want to blog about it and post pictures but I am having some serious internet connection problems! It's making me batty - you know how much I NEED to blog - it's my form of therapy! And i can't get anything to post. Yours is the first blog I have even been able to look at it since getting home - ARRRGH! I'll keep trying - cause I do have c post already done if only my stink'n connection would work!! We really had an awesome time - will you please email me your address and the recipe from the dinner - Taylor and I both keep talking about it, I really want to make it!! SO YUMMY