Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tags

So I'm not a big fan of tags generally unless they meet two criteria: 1) easy and/or 2) It sounds fun to me. So basically I don't like them, except when I do. The first time I was tagged, it met criteria two but definitely not criteria one, but I really liked it... so I did it. I have been tagged recently by newer blogging friends and my first tag responded to some of those. So here is a link that responds to that first (and since others) tag. In fact, this is one of my favorite posts that I've written because my sense of humor comes out and some of my quirkiness, which usually doesn't come out unless you've known me for a while... and spent a lot of time with me recently. Anyway, please feel free to read the above link, and leave a comment here or there and I'll feel like you know me a little better.
Anyway, back to the task at hand. I was tagged recently by my sis-in-law, Heather. And this one definitely meets criteria one... so of course it gets done. So here you go:

Oh, and I realized another thing about tags... I don't always follow the rules. So the tag is to pick the fourth folder in your pics section and the fourth picture.

So this is the fourth folder from the end of my pics and the fourth picture. This is a picture of some fruit (lemon, lime, and apple) and two special rocks that I have found over the years. The black one was found, I believe on the beach somewhere in Washington (I can't remember if it was at Banks/Roosevelt Lake in E. WA or on the coast/sound). But it was with my best friend Taylor. The other rock is from the 2nd year of the hike with my brothers and my dad up at Lake Dorothy. They are both very cylindrical, though more of an oval than a true sphere. Anyway, they're remarkable rocks and they served as an analogy for my Marriage and Family Therapy Final Paper/Project/Presentation. I related the rocks to [okay this tag is starting to no longer resemble criteria 1, but is starting to fulfill criteria 2, funny!] my experience in life and in my Master's program in terms of being shaped and molded by the situations that I had the opportunity to be in and the trials I had been through. I also, throughout the paper, had many of the verses to Hymn #85, "How Firm a Foundation" so these two things served as a template/analogy for my experience in my program. Anyway, it's a pic that Mary took of the rocks with the fruit for some contrast or something. So there you go.

Oh yeah, and I don't tag other people, but feel free to do the tag if you want to, it is kind of fun!

1 comment:

Leah Remillet said...

I'm glad you did the tag... It was a fun story to read, and of course I like that Taylor's name came across the line! ;) Thanks for sharing!