You'll notice that I added the "Blog List" on the right hand column of the screen to replace the previous list that was there of family blogs and friends blogs. This does two things, at least. First, all I have to do is check my own blog to see if there are other blogs that I need to check... this will obviously save me from the endless back and forth clicking required to check everyones blog.
Second, this feature also ranks your importance in my life on a daily basis (which I know is of profound importance to you!). If you haven't updated your blog in a while (or have never written on the blog that you created: Laurie Farmer!), then you'll be at the bottom of the list in your respective category (family or friend) and, of much greater importance, you'll be at the bottom of the list in importance in my life ;*P . My apologies to those of you who don't have whatever is needed to provide the info to blogger regarding your updates (this includes blogspot pals that require you to login to access their blog).
I will just mention for those of you that are interested in doing something like this (see link above, or check it out on your Dashboard, they have a Youtube tutorial and everything!): it's kind of a pain! You can't just take your existing list of links to blogs and make it a "blog list", you have to start from scratch and enter the links one by one and then go back and rename them to the name that you want to use on your blog for that person (Otherwise I'd have to remember who the heck "Something Completely Different" is, which I don't want to have to do). So, it does take a while, but I think it will be worth it. Let me know what you think!
My thanks in general to Blogger for creating this option!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
ok-that looks pretty cool. If the weather turns bad then I am going to have to sit in and figure it out!
Hey guys! I found your blog on the Rambows... we are just above you! Your kids are adorable and growing up so fast!!! Little Jane is just cute as can be! Congrats to you all!!!
I really like this idea. Once I have a bit of time, and desire, I think I'll try this. My list of links is pretty small so it's probably better to do it sooner than later.
While I'm flattered that my name is on the list twice, it's actually Alicia who is married to Scott Sorenson. :)
I am so honored to be on the top of the heap!!!!! Wahoo for us. we just packed up the computer (connected to my sites account) last night. Tay kept asking if I'd be ok with not blogging - it's going to be difficult! As long as I have it back up and running in a few days than I should be able to get through the dry spell!
I love the list. great that it updates the last post!
Post a Comment