Here are the other pictures that I couldn't get to load . . .

I used ribbon to make these borders and painted the frames chocolate brown. I have selected the pictures of Sarah and Jane to put in the frames, but I cannot decide if I should print them in plain black and white or if I should add the sepia tone - any suggestions?

This is other component of the "princess theme" since we believe that being married in the temple makes it possible for us to receive the fullness of God's blessings, especially being able to be an eternal family -it is the place where "all dreams may come true".

Here is the blanket I made Jane - it is fairly large and very soft and cozy on both sides with a satin border.

This was a lot of work. I made the 2 flowered crib sheets and absolutely hated working with elastic - but it is done. Thankfully I managed to purchase a plain pink bumper and then I added a brown trim to the top - which should have been simple - but the thread kept breaking on my machine so I ended up stitching it by hand. Last but not least - I tore apart a solid pink ruffled crib skirt and turned it into a straight skirt with this border which matches the curtains and one of Sarah's pillows. It is hard to tell with the mattress up so high right now - but I made inverted pleats with the border fabric which are my favorite part. Hopefully it well be more noticeable once Jane is bigger and the skirt hangs below the crib railing.

Well . . . that's it! I hope you like it. Sarah seems pretty pleased and Jane is oblivious of course. The only snag so far is that Sarah was greatly anticipating sharing a room with her baby sister, but Jane seems to prefer her cozy baby swing and so she is sleeping in the living room so far - but that will change in time.
5 comments:
So fun to see all the pictures! I love what you did, all the details and sewing and painting and hard work was well worth it! Inspiring, for sure.
I love it! It is beautiful! I love the beautiful bedding you sewed & the quote near the picture of the temple. Mary, I am impressed! You did fabulous job!!!!
WoW! You did an incredible job Mary! I only wish our nursery could be as cute as yours!
Incredible! How did you find the time?! I only have one and I can't imagine doing this without Ella getting into it. We were proud to paint Ella's name letters in red and yellow with stencils for family home evening!
I'm so glad to be in touch with you guys again! I've had fun looking through your old posts, but just had to say that your girls' room is really adorable. Mary did a great job on it. I love the "princess" theme!
Post a Comment