So the other day I walked into my office and was going about my own business doing some paperwork and such on the computer. After finishing up some stuff I went and got one of my clients for a session. After I pulled him out of his school class and went back into my office, I was shutting my door and right in the corner of my office behind the door on the floor was a small snake (probably about 16 inches long). This of course freaked me out, though I didn't let out any kind of a scream. Not being very familiar with the types of snakes we have in this area I wasn't going to touch the thing. So I called our maintenance guy and he came over and took it outside for me. I was a little more on-edge in that session and was more antsy that day and in the days that followed whenever I was sitting on a chair leaving my ankles exposed.
I'm not quite sure how the snake got in my office. I imagine it came through one of the outside doors and then crawled under my door and into my office. Or, it could have come through the heating/Air Conditioner ducts in the floor. Needless to say, no one expects to find a snake in their office!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Are you sure you didn't just get on someone's bad side? Just kidding! I'm impressed that you remained calm. What did your client think?
Ok I definitely would have screamed! Did you ever find out what kind of snake it was?? Better plug up those ways in!
When we first moved into this house there was a garden snake nest under the house. We would find snakes in the house of varied sizes for a few months... can feel for you sooo much for it was always upsetting and the snakes were most often found in our bedroom usually at bed time!
Yup...I would have screamed! Kudos to you for keeping your cool.
I WOULD DIE! I seriously would have bolted so fast and would never go back in there again!!! I am glad you survived!
That's Awesome. Students are going to be scared to get called to your office now.
That is so crazy! I would have freaked out for sure. Wow. No suspicion that someone pranked you?
I'm pretty sure I heard in school once that there are no poisonous snakes in the pacific northwest...if that helps you feel any better.
Post a Comment